It’s never easy to pack to start a different chapter of life in a foreign place. There always seems to be so many things to bring, coupled with insufficient baggage allowance from the airlines. As student, i'm entitled to a 30kg baggage allowance from MAS. For those who follow MSL agency, they are lucky enough to have baggage allowance up to 46kg.
1. Laptop and camera. My mum jus bought a new laptop for me. However, I still haven start using my laptop, as i am to used to my desktop computer.
2. Luggage and backpack. Big luggage which can fit in 30kg, and backpack for travelling use.
3. Foot wear like Leather shoes for lab session, and sport shoes.
4. Spare spectacles or contact lenses, Contact Lens Solution. In the UK, these cost a bomb and a half. So i decided to bring a spare pair from here.
5. Paper and stationery - Odd choice of things to bring but yes, to start with, bring some testpads and pens, pencils, stapler, hole puncher, file etc. According to my senior, the prices, even at the Student Union shop will shock me.
6. Clothes such as Winter clothes, scarf, socks. I bring very little of them due to the luggage limit. Most probably will use the shipping service as food and medicine are not allowed in shipping.
7. Skin care, Toiletries such as tooth paste, tooth brush, sanitary pad, lotion, shampoo. My advice from sernior, anything you see overseas will tempt you anyway so save your money and bring the minimum from here. The choices overseas are mind-boggling.
8. Miscellaneous such as Pen drives, Alarm clock, Hair dryer.
I can't think what else should i bring and i think it will be exceed 30 kg. Help! Any suggestion?Pls leave ur comment...
Packing is driving me crazy and i'm really tired of them >.<